There’s nothing better than a great cologne to give a man confidence when he walks in the room. I believe that a man should own at least two colognes. I suggest you choose one expensive “out on the town” fragrance and a less expensive (not cheap) daily fragrance.
Here are some tips to make sure you get the best value out of your fragrance.
• Avoid “splashing” your cologne. It will really overpower you and everyone in your vicinity.
• If you are applying cologne from a regular bottle, take one finger and press it against the opening of your bottle, and then tip it over gently.
• Apply to these main points: inner wrists, behind the ears, or near the neck glands. Don’t try to use it randomly over your body, but just two or three points that you personally find best.
• Apply to your chest. The scent will last longer as it will be covered by your clothing and chest hair.
• Don’t spray the cologne into the air and then walk through the mist, letting it settle on your hair and shoulders. It’s bad idea because most of it actually settles on the floor and only small percentage ends up on you.
• Spray cologne from a distance of around 15 centimeters (5-6 inches) from your skin.
• Be sure not to rub the skin after you spray or dab on your cologne. This is said to alter the scent significantly.
• Your fragrance will last longer on an oily skin so it’s a good idea to apply moisturizer or some other unscented oily applicant before applying cologne.
• Make your fragrance last longer by using a coordinating shower gel or soap by the same brand, and an unscented aftershave and moisturizer so there’s no competition with your scent.