James Spencer is delighted to release the 3rd digital album in his award-winning THE COCKTAIL PIANO HOUR series as heard on your favorite international podcast shows: The Cocktail Nation, Evenings At the Penthouse, and The Cool Jazz Connection. Presenting NIGHTSCAPE.
If you missed the limited 2014 release of Nightfall, here’s your opportunity to pick up the choicest late night cocktail piano album of standards inspired by classic film noir cinema and original jazz sketches.
The newly designed album cover by James is from a mysterious rare public domain photo of New York City skyline in 1948, James used historical fonts from that period to create the cover.
1. Nightfall (from the film noir Nightfall)
2. The Scarlet Hour (from the film noir Scarlet Hour)
3. Lady of the Evening (from The Music Box Revue of 1918)
4. Shadowed Illusions (jazz sketch by James Spencer based on a tune by Ahmad Jamal)
5. It’s So Good To Want You Bad (torch song by James Spencer)
6. Laura (From the film noir Laura)
7. The Start of Our Affair (a Hitchcockian bossa nova by James Spencer)
8. Night Tide (a bossa nova by James Spencer)
9. Bittersweet (rare tune by Johnny Mercer/Mike Corda)
10. Round Midnight (Thelonious Monk standard)
11. I Can’t Get Started (Vernon Duke)
12. Midnight Melancholy (Jazz sketch by James Spencer based on a tune by Billy Strayhorn.
Look for new albums: SINCE I FELL FOR YOU and COCKTAIL CINEMA due out by January 2019.